Diploma in Air Cargo & Courier Management
2. Several airlines are looking at starting freighter flights to meet the increasing demand for air freights.
3. New upcoming airports and international cargo hub will ensure tremendous job opportunities in the Air Freight Sector and several CHA firms and Freight Forwarding companies are looking at getting IATA accreditation which in turn has created increasing demand for IATA/Cargo Diploma Holders.
1. IHCTM has been the pioneer of Air Cargo training in India and was the first IATA/FIATA authorized training centre in Mumbai to offer all the 3 levels of the IATA/Cargo programme.
2. IHCTM students have excelled in their examination and also get preferential selection in employment as well as for internship opportunities at the Cargo complex and with ground handling companies-
The course content comprises of:-
- Professional bodies- IATA,FIATA, ICAO, ACAAI
- Operation of an Air Cargo agency
- Duties and Functions of a Cargo Agent
- Individual shipments v/s Consolidation and importance of consolidation
- Services offered by a Cargo Agent and a Consolidator
- Documentation for Freight Handling and Payments
- Custom Brokerage and Custom Clearance Procedure
- Cargo Terminology
- Trucking, RFS, Warehousing, Trade Free Zone, Charters
- Distribution Channels, Courier Service, Insurance, Carriers' Liability
- Valuation Charges, Disbursement and Charges Collect Fees
- Use of TACT and OAG
- International Time Calculator and calculating flight timings and journey durations
- Major world cities and airports and identifying cities and countries on a map
- IATA areas and sub areas
- Aircraft types, characteristics and loading limitations
- Introduction to ULDs, Payload, Cargo acceptance and booking procedures
- Completion of AWBs and functions of an AWB
- Courier Service and functioning of courier service including costs and implications
- Freight cost calculations GCR,SCR, Class Rates and Minimum charges
- Chargeable weight calculations
- Cargo automation CASS, EDIFACT, EDI, etc
- Introduction to Dangerous Goods
- Project Work
On successful completion of course as well as course project, you are eligible to appear for the examination conducted by IHCTM and on successful completion of examination you are eligible to enrol for the IATA/Advanced Air Cargo Rating and Marketing and/or IATA/Dangerous Goods Regulations programme.